Friday 18 July 2008

The world makes sense in its inconsistencies, in the moments where there is no sense. Like how I manage to take my medication and still walk into the hall to be confronted by The Mother, who tells me I’ve had a seizure. Too hot I explain to the man on my lunch break that let me share his table, but that’s just a guess, because I woke up roasting and babies who have seizures normally do so because they have a high temperature. But then I’m not a baby. Today I am paying for the seizure, as every muscle in my body complains at being thrust about carelessly, like I have any control over which wall I hit mid-seizure. My body is being extremely unreasonable if you ask me.

After work, The Mother picked me up and I complained at great length about everything I could think of. At home, she told me to close my eyes and hold out my hands. When I opened my eyes, there was a box of chocolates The Mother had bought me to try and make me feel better. I ate all of the strawberry and orange ones, and the Turkish delight, and then settled myself in for an evening of moaning/feeling sorry for myself.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Just want to let you know I also read this blog.

Jane said...

Aw thanks Karen. It's been a bit abandoned recently, but I WILL start posting more regularly. I promise :P

Anonymous said...

You'd better. I'm not making the colossal effort of clicking a goddamn hyperlink for NOTHING, again!

P.S How you been?

Jane said...

Ha, I don't want to inconvenience you :P

I will absolutely, definitely be posting again here soon, so fear not.

I have a cold. I'm very miserable. How've you been?

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,

I found your blog through Princess E. Kind of ironic timing, my daughter just had her first seizure last Sunday.

Now I've got a good link to give to her. Thanks!

Jane said...

I'm sorry to hear that John, but as I always say...all the best people have epilepsy and/or seizures. There's even a wikipedia page dedicated to famous people with epilepsy :P

Hope your daughter finds this useful, and she can feel free to email me if she needs someone non-medical to moan about seizures to :)