Wednesday 16 September 2009

The Titan Crane

Over the years I've done various things with Epilepsy Scotland to raise awareness from small jobs like stuffing envelopes in the office to speaking to a room full of politicians about my experiences with epilepsy (something I never, ever thought I'd be able to do!). Epilepsy Scotland runs events throughout the year in order to raise money from fancy dinners to zip slides across the Clyde. This year however, the challenge is a little different. Brave volunteers will instead abseil down the Titan Crane - an 150ft high crane on the banks of the River Clyde.

This year however, I am wimping out! My boyfriend Ian however is taking my place on the 4th of October, bravely pulling on his harness and lowering himself down. I'll stay safely on the bottom, taking photos and offering morale support, whilst thanking my lucky stars it's not me going up there!

If anyone would like to help Ian and Epilepsy Scotland, you can donate at: http://www.justgiving.com/IanWilliams7/

Photos will follow :)

No comments: