Tuesday 25 August 2009

Remember me?

I am a disappointing blogger and for that I can only apologise. A while back, I was half-way through my third year at university, totally stressed out and needing a break from the internet. I deleted my personal blogs and abandoned Just Epilepsy, always with the half-hearted hope that I'd return at some point. After receiving a kind email from someone who had discovered this blog and had been disappointed at its discontinuation, I have decided to finally update.

Currently the summer holidays are nearing an end and as a consequence I am beginning to face my fourth and last year at university. I now officially have a degree which makes me feel very accomplished but I'm heading back soon for honours. I've spent the last three months successfully avoiding planning my dissertation but now, with nothing left to procrastinate with, I have found myself beginning to write notes and panic at the prospect of writing 10,000 words by myself.

Epilepsy-wise, things are going well for me. I haven't had a full-blown seizure for over a year now and my jerks are probably on an 'every-so-often' basis. My medication has been the same for three years now (Epilim and Keppra) and as long as I remember to take it, things seem to be fine. There is scope for improving my seizures further still but I am comfortable with my medication the way it is, with minimal side effects and so for now, I think I'll be leaving it as it is. Don't fix it if it isn't broken and all that.

So for now, I am back updating Just Epilepsy, however please bear with me as I am very out-of-practice. I will try my best :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck in the coming school year. It is good to hear that a person with epileipsy is getting a degree because when I was in school they wrote me off.

Yours truly

Jill